Chapter affiliation and monthly meetings
- Chapter meetings are held on the second Monday of every month from 6:30 to 9 p.m., except as otherwise indicated. Meetings offer members the opportunity to:
- network with colleagues in the organizing community
- hear speakers on a variety of topics
- learn organizing tips
- get information about products
- share ideas with fellow members and guests
- get to know our business partners
- participate in chapter-sponsored events
- All Regular Members have motion and voting privileges at chapter meetings.
- Volunteer to gain experience and skills while connecting with other members. Volunteer opportunities include being a Greeter or Speaker at chapter meetings, assisting with marketing and public relations, or participating in special events.
- Present at monthly chapter meetings, and share your experience and expertise while developing your public speaking skills.
- Participate in NAPO-NE Get Organized Month and other annual events, which draw interest from the general public and the media. Opportunities include planning, volunteering, and speaking.
- Present or assist in Quantum Leap, a community-based service program that provides organizing and time management skills to participants in women-to-work programs.
- Develop leadership skills and credibility within the industry.
- Seek a position on our Board of Directors.
- Join Golden Circle, a prestigious designation within NAPO. Members who have been in the organizing business for five years or more and who have been a member of NAPO for at least one year are eligible to apply. NAPO-NE Golden Circle members meet quarterly.
- The general public can find all of our members on our website and view their contact information, specialties, location, and more.
- Members can search the directory to find other organizers for networking, business opportunities, and more.
Public relations and marketing opportunities
- Benefit from NAPO-NE media exposure and branding.
- Promote your affiliation with this industry-leading organization by downloading and using the official “NAPO-New England Member” logo on your website and marketing materials.
- Link to the NAPO-NE website from your website.
- Get organizing- and productivity-related content on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Get exposure to potential clients by contributing tips and blog posts for the NAPO-NE website and building links back to your website.
- New Organizer Workshops. Designed for new and prospective professional organizers, and facilitated by veteran organizers, this forum covers all aspects of operating an organizing business and working in the organizing industry. Check our events section for schedule, cost and other details. Pre-registration is required.
- Professional Development Seminars. The NAPO New England Professional Development Seminars are special workshops devoted to gaining extensive knowledge on a specific topic. Typically these seminars occur every other year.
- Success Groups. Success Groups meet monthly and provide informal networking opportunities outside of the traditional format and location of regular monthly NAPO-NE chapter meetings.
Resources available on the NAPO-NE website’s members-only section
- Membership Directory. This list of member names, contact information and specialties are updated regularly.
- Business Partner Directory. Business Partners are available as resources to our membership and to promote our industry. Some offer discounted rates or other incentives to NAPO-NE members.
- Charitable Organizations List. Use this list of charitable organizations to help your clients find ways to donate their unnecessary items.
- Resource List. This list of local resources recommended by our members includes a wide variety of local businesses that offer services complimentary to the organizing field, from consignment shops and antiques dealers to professional services such as carpenters, house cleaners, interior designers, and CPAs.
- Chapter meeting minutes. Chapter meeting minutes and presenter handouts are available (with permission). This resource helps members keep up with chapter news and get information about presentations when they can’t attend the chapter meetings.
- Media Library. We have an extensive collection of educational recordings available for members to borrow. Recordings include NAPO conference workshops and other recorded presentations relevant to the organizing profession. Many organizing books are available for loan.
For more information on becoming a member, please contact our New Member Coordinator.