Organizing a garage can seem like a daunting task, especially when the space has become a dumping ground for the family as it is often the gateway to our indoor living space. Before jumping in, plan ahead; what purpose should your garage serve?
- To create an open and easy-to-utilize storage area for all outdoor activities?
- Is it to have the ability to use the space as it was originally intended, to store the car(s)?
- Or are you converting it to be a workshop?
Three Easy Steps for Organizing the Garage
1. With your end goals in mind, create zones for your different types of items (Such as gardening, tools, toys etc.).
2. Then create aisles, and keep them clear.
3. Finally, get items off the floor for easy maintenance and cleaning, which will reduce the amount of dirt that gets into the house.