From time to time, we all ask ourselves, “Do I really need to keep this paper?” Here are six questions, based on Judith Kohlberg’s “Gathering Guidelines,” to help you make that decision.
- Do I know or understand this already?
- Am I still interested in knowing this?
- Is a better, fresher version of this likely to come in the next three months?
- If I will use this info, will I need it before it goes out of date?
- Can I deal with any regret I may have if I throw it away?
- Can I get this information someplace else?