Download a flyer summarizing the benefits of NAPO-NE Membership.
Chapter affiliation and monthly meetings
- Chapter meetings are held on the second Monday of every month from 6 to 9 p.m., except as otherwise indicated. Meetings offer members the opportunity to
- network with professional organizing colleagues and keep in touch with the organizing community
- hear speakers on a variety of topics relevant to the organizing industry
- receive up-to-date organizing and product information
- share ideas with fellow members and guests
- become involved in chapter-sponsored events
- All Regular Members have motion and voting privileges at chapter meetings.
- Volunteer to gain experience and skills while connecting with other members. Volunteer opportunities include being a Greeter or Speaker at chapter meetings, assisting with marketing and public relations, or participating in special events.
- Present at monthly chapter meetings, and share your experience and expertise while developing your public speaking skills.
- Participate in NAPO-NE Get Organized Month and other annual events, which draw interest from the general public and the media. Opportunities include planning, volunteering, and speaking.
- Present or assist in Quantum Leap, a community-based service program that provides organizing and time management skills to participants in women-to-work programs.
- Develop leadership skills and credibility within the industry.
- Seek a position on our Board of Directors.
- Join Golden Circle, a prestigious designation within NAPO. Members who have been in the organizing business for five years or more and who have been a member of NAPO for at least one year are eligible to apply. NAPO-NE Golden Circle members meet quarterly.
- All members’ specialties and contact information are listed on our website, making it easy for consumers to find professional organizers in their local area.
Public relations and marketing opportunities
- Benefit from NAPO-NE media exposure and branding.
- Promote your affiliation with this industry-leading organization by downloading and using the official “NAPO-New England Member” logo on your website and marketing materials. Link the NAPO-NE website to your website.
- Connect with NAPO-NE groups on popular social networking sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Get exposure to potential clients by contributing tips and blog posts for the NAPO-NE website and building links back to your website.
- New Organizers Workshop – Designed for new and prospective professional organizers, and facilitated by veteran organizers, this forum covers all aspects of operating an organizing business and working in the organizing industry. Check our events section for schedule, cost and other details. Pre-registration is required.
- Programs such as the Buddy Program and Success Groups. With the Buddy Program, new members are matched with veteran members who will join them at meetings, introduce them to other members, and answer questions. Success Groups provide informal networking opportunities outside of the traditional format and location of regular monthly NAPO-NE chapter meetings.
Resources available on the NAPO-NE website’s members-only section
- NAPO-NE Facebook group and Yahoo email. You can easily connect with our entire membership if you have a question, need assistance with a client, would like to refer a client, or if you want to share information and resources. These groups are also a primary means of sharing current chapter news and updates.
- Chapter Member Directory. This list of member names, contact information and specialties are updated regularly.
- Charitable Organizations List. Use this list of charitable organizations to help your clients find ways to donate their unnecessary items.
- Resource List. This list of local resources recommended by our members includes a wide variety of local businesses that offer services complimentary to the organizing field, from consignment shops and antiques dealers to professional services such as carpenters, house cleaners, interior designers, and CPAs.
- Chapter meeting minutes. Chapter meeting minutes and presenter handouts are available (with permission). This resource helps members keep up with chapter news and get information about presentations when they can’t attend the chapter meetings.
- NAPO-NE Media Library. We have an extensive collection of educational recordings available for members to borrow. Recordings include NAPO conference workshops and other recorded presentations relevant to the organizing profession. Many organizing books are available for loan.
- Business Partners. Business Partners are available as resources to our membership and to promote our industry. Some offer discounted rates or other incentives to NAPO-NE members.
For more information on becoming a member, please contact our New Member Coordinator.