Creativity and organization go hand in hand. How can you let your ideas come to fruition when you can’t find your glue or you are avoiding your craft room altogether? Follow the six steps of organizing to give your creative space a fresh, new look.
Here are some crafty strategies to keep your creativity flowing.
1. When you complete a project, put away your tools and materials in their assigned spots so you know where to look for them later.
2. Assign a spot for in-progress projects that will not get in your way as you function within the room, such as a flat surface away from your main work table.
3. Get creative with containers! Clear jars and bottles can hold ribbon, beads and buttons plus add color and flair to inspire you.
Jars come in a variety of materials from SKS Bottle & Packaging, Inc.
4. Install wooden dowels or use curtain rods to hold rolls of craft paper, wrapping paper and ribbon to allow for easy access and function. Store less frequently used wrapping paper in an under-the-bed storage box or an upright box specifically designed to hold rolls of gift wrap.
This DIY project organizes ribbon and wrapping paper from www.shelterness.com.
5. Peg boards are an amazing solution to hold frequently used craft tools. Measure the space on the wall where you would like to hang the board. A home improvement store will cut the heavy duty board down to size for you. Then you can paint it the color of you choice and voilà! Different peg board accessories such as bins and various sizes of hooks are also available to customize your crafty tool holding solution.
Beautiful DIY project from Nest of Posies.
6. Most of all, have fun!